Our Crazy Lives...

Monday, November 14, 2005

A Busy December...

After trying to squeeze us for more $ off the sales price, our buyers finally gave up and have only asked for window screen replacements, toilets to be re-leveled and a termite treatment "just in case" by the deck. That's a rip, since they found no evidence of termites on the inspection, but at this point we figured we'll do it. Better that we give a little and keep the buyers since we have our other house already lined up & waiting for us. We have our inspection at the new house today so hopefully it'll go well!
I've not had much luck in the child care search for Marley. :( My mom has said she can come watch her in December as I only work from the 5th-15th. I think I'll take her up on it. It'll save me a month of paying for child care for Marley (even though I only would work for 2 weeks) and it will free up time to pack as we're still set to close Dec.15-16 and move that weekend. Then in January, if I still haven't found someone to watch Marley, I'll put her in at Stepping Stone. It's more expensive, but also has a low ratio of 1 adult per 3 kids and there are more eyes around watching... for some reason I'm kind of worried about her being alone with someone other than me.
So, this month I go back to work, we have mom coming to stay for 2 weeks to watch Marley, and then we move to a new house all before Christmas! It'll be pretty wild! :) S

No comments: