Our Crazy Lives...

Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a safe and happy new year. Brian and I sent the kids to grandma B's house and went out to Cool River for dinner. It was wonderful. We ended up going to Opal Divine's afterward and then headed home. No real resolutions other than the usual- lose a little weight, get organized, etc.

But, we've already been VERY busy around here lately and the "home improvement" bonanza continues! I don't have pictures up yet, but I hope to post them soon of all of our recent projects. We have some great ones planned too, including flooring, so more to come on that.

Switching the kids rooms was hard work, but they have both really loved it. Its almost like when you move and you see all kinds of new possibilities... they have adjusted quickly and love their "cool, new rooms". Jaxon's room is now the larger of the two, and we painted it "Retro Colonial Blue" so it's nice color he won't grow out of.

Marley's room is tan now and is going to be painted too, but after all of this work, we may wait a week or two to do it. I converted her crib down to a toddler bed and she is doing very well in it. The first night I heard her playing and went in to tell her to lie down, she walked to the side of her bed where the comforter was draped over and peeked out at me from behind it. :) When she realized I meant business, she did lie down and went right to sleep. I think she was ready for the "big girl" bed too.

Anyway, if you're interested in seeing the calendar I made for our families for Christmas, you can click the link on the left to get to my scrap blog where its posted. Off to enjoy the weekend before Brian and I return to work... the break always seems to fly by...

Talk to you soon! :) S

1 comment:

Rose said...

I made calendars, too!!!

Happy New Year, Steph!