Our Crazy Lives...

Friday, January 09, 2004

Christmas/New Year 2004

We were a little sad to see 2003 come to an end. It was such a great year for us from moving into our new house to Jaxon's birth...so it'll be hard to top, but we're off to a good start!

Jaxon's first Christmas was great! Even at 5 months, he was really into it! He opened LOTS of presents and got some cool toys and new clothes...but his favorite part was the tissue paper and shiny ribbon. I guess he's easy to please!

Brian had a wonderful surprise planned too. My last package was a big box with a skillet (thankfully, that's not the surprise) and what looked like magazines in it. They were actually travel brochures and Brian told me I can choose anywhere in the world I want to go and we'll schedule a trip! I've always said "If I could go anywhere, I'd go..." here or there, but now that I actually have to choose, I don't know where I want to go! Depending on what we decide, we'll be going sometime between this summer and next, and grandma will watch Jaxon.

I've never been away from Jaxon overnight, so it'll be really tough, but I know grandma will take great care of him and put up with endless phone calls to check-up!

We are really enjoying our new little family! Jaxon has brought so much joy into our lives! His grandparents are completely in love as is his Aunt Lindsay! Jaxon "wants for nothing"...but he's not spoiled...at least not totally. They even babysit so mama and daddy can go out for dinner, to the movies or during poker night! Cool, huh?


No comments: