Our Crazy Lives...

Saturday, August 07, 2004

It's been a wild summer at the Schock house! Jaxon and I had a great time home together while school was out. Jaxon had his first birthday party and had a blast! Toys have completely taken over my house at this point, but I guess that goes with the territory. I can't believe he's already one and walking all over the place. It still freaks us out sometimes when he just gets up and tears across the room! :) It doesn't seem that long ago that we had a tiny bundle of joy...now we have the supersized toddler version!

On one hand, I'm ready to go back to school- get the room together, see my class, talk to "grown up" people during the day...but on the other hand, I'll miss him even more this time around! No more sharing my toast and watching The Wiggles in the morning! I think he'll miss me too...at least until he sees his "girlfriend" Alyssa at the sitter's house!

Brian and I decided to use my last week off to check out Nashville as we may end up relocating there (we'll have to save world travel for next summer.) It was my first time away from Jax overnight (let alone 4 nights) but he was fine and I only called a few times to check in (ok...so it was a few times each day, but what can you expect?!?) We had a wonderful time... I had a preconceived idea about Nashville being just country singers and rednecks, but it's not. In fact, it's entertainment and people were similar to Austin...it's just much prettier there with lots of towering trees, lakes and mountains. Anyway, we had a great time and a day to recover and get used to the idea of going back at work!

No comments: