Our Crazy Lives...

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Jaxon-Milestones for October

I'm trying to update this pretty often as he does so many funny new things each month that it's hard to remember them all. Jaxon has really started "talking" this month. Lots of jabber when he's pretending to talk on the phone and when he's walking through the house...and especially when he wants something! He also is a future surfer or skateboarder. He takes the lids off his toy bins and even the tray from his high chair, lays them on the floor and stands on them. It's too funny! He's really enjoying playing outside in the yard in his Little Tykes house. And to think I got it on a whim at a garage sale for $25...it's definitely been worth it!
He likes to walk around the yard and talk to me about things he sees and is happy to hold my hand as long as I'm going the direction he wants to go. He's been screeching a lot to get his needs met, so I've been working really hard to redirect him by telling him the words for what he wanted...hope to nip this in the bud! He is really progressing in his receptive communication and seems to understand a lot of what we tell him. He's calling my mom "Mum-mum" and my dad "Papo" or "Papa" now too. He is really into throwing the ball- playing with a sensory nubbed ball, basketball, mini-football - any one he can get his hands on! He is growing up so fast that we just can't believe it!

No comments: