Our Crazy Lives...

Sunday, September 17, 2006

September update...

This month absolutely FLEW by! Let's see... what happened this month...

Brian had a pretty uneventful 29th birthday. The concert we were going to see that evening was postponed and has yet to be rescheduled, so we just kind of hung out at home that night. Brian did get the Weber grill he has been wanting though, so at least he fared well in the gift department!

Bevo had to have surgery to remove a growth from her ear. She has had her head bandaged up for over a week and has to wear an e-collar and the new bandage for another day or two. The poor dog! She's dying to get that silly e-collar off. First, she'd look at us sadly, like "Take this off of me!" Then she was just plain MAD about it and trying to tear it off. Now she's not too bothered by it,but looks a little downtrodden. I'm hoping when we take the bandages off tomorrow that her ear won't have a big notch in it were he had to remove the spot.

Jaxon and I are both enjoying school. He has done a great job distinguishing between when I'm "teacher" and when I'm "mama." He always calls me mama of course, but he has been great about letting me do my job without interference. I was worried he may have a hard time "sharing" me with the other kids, but he hasn't. It has worked out even better than I could have imagined. :) He has several friends in class and really enjoys school. Its very cool for me to hear from a parent's perspective some of the things he talks about when we get home, the things hes learning, and the songs he loves to sing!

Marley turns 1 at the end of the month and I can hardly believe it. She stands no without holding on, but still no walking yet. She likes to eat "real" food, but will have nothing to do with drinking out of a sippy cup. I'm not sure what we're doing for her birthday yet, but I put together a slideshow for her first year to share at her party. You can click below to see it (but its about 9 minutes or so)... it has lots of cute pics, and several funny ones that I couldn't bear to leave out! :)

No comments: